Here are some quick tips on how to present and accept an award
HOW TO PRESENT AN AWARD
- Tell a story about the significance of the award.
- Pronounce the recipient’s name correctly.
- Provide background information on the recipient.
- Hold the award respectfully, and hand it to the recipient as if it were a treasure.
- Stand so the audience can clearly see you, the recipient, and the award.
HOW TO ACCEPT AN AWARD
- Begin by addressing the audience to buy some time and calm your nerves.
- Control filler words (ums and ahs).
- Say thank you, keep names to minimum, and pronounce them correctly.
- Remember that the audience is rooting for you.
Learn more in the District Assembly Leaders' Guide at www.rotary.org